|Event:||Miata's at the Museum|
Miata's at the Museum
Museum of Transportation, Larz Anderson Park
|Date/Time:||August 5th, 2006/10:00:00 AM - 02:00:00 PM|
|Contact:||Al Meola, President@massmiata.net|
Museum of Transportation
Bring your stock or customized Miata to the largest Miata Only event in the Northeast on the lawn of the beautiful Museum of Transportation (MOT) in Brookline, MA. Only Miatas will be parked on the lawn and displayed during our car day. Show off your Roadster to other Miata owners and to the general public. There will be classic Rock & Roll tunes played over the loud speakers and plenty of time to check out the Best Selling Sports Car of all time. There will be trophies, door prizes, burger's, hot dogs, sodas, and various vendors. The event is open to all Miata owners or anyone interested in the Miata / MX-5. You need not be a Mass Miata Club member.
This is not a concourse event, just the selection of a Peoples Choice Miata by attendees and the public. It's intended as a day to have fun, show off your Miata, and visit with friends. Blankets, lawn chairs, umbrellas, and picnic baskets are welcome. Visit the museum, view the Boston skyline, and pick your favorite Miata. Trophies will be awarded for first through third place based on popular vote.
Entry fee of $10 is for car, driver, and one guest and includes entry to the Larz Anderson Auto Museum and picnic grounds. Registration is available at the gate on the day of the event.
For more information on this and other museum related programs visit www.mot.org.
DATE: Saturday August 5, 2006
TIME: 10:00AM to 2:00PM
PLACE: Larz Anderdson Park, Brookline MA
Directions from Boston/North Shore
1. Take Route 93 South to Storrow Drive.
2. Take the Fenway exit.
3. Follow Outbound /Riverway signs to Boylston Street (taking a right off the ramp).
4. Boylston St. will merge onto Brookline Ave.
5. Follow Brookline Ave. to the Riverway/Jamaica Way intersection.
6. Turn left onto the Riverway (this will turn into the Jamaica Way).
7. You will go through the intersection with Perkins Street (Max Warburg Sq.) and Jamaica
8. Pond will appear on your right.
9. Go 1/2 way around the rotary (Kelley Circle) and at the lights turn right onto Pond Street.
10. Pond Street will turn into Newton Street.
11. The museum is located in Larz Anderson Park on the right about a 1/2 mile from the rotary.
Directions from West (Rte. 128/ I-95)
Directions from Boston/South Shore