|Event:||BlackStone River Valley|
175 Main St.,
Pawtucket, RI 02860
Caravan starts at Walmart Parking Lot, Raynham MA,- Rt. 24 exit 13A
|Date/Time:||May 20th, 2006/09:00:00 AM - 08:00:00 PM|
|Contact:||Celie Scoffield, 508-675-3871, firstname.lastname@example.org|
MASSACHUSETTS MIATA CLUB
BLACKSTONE VALLEY ADVENTURE
SATURDAY, MAY 20, 2006
PLEASE JOIN US FOR ONE OF THE FIRST EXCITING TRIPS OF THE
2006 ZOOM ZOOM SEASON!
· Arrival at Blackstone Valley Visitor Center (park cars at Slater Mill, a National Historic Landmark, with photo opportunities along one of America's Heritage Rivers) http://www.tourblackstone.com/visitorcenter.htm
· Coffee/Tea and Pastry to get our engines going
· Video Presentation - "Hidden in the Blackstone Valley"
· Tour of the Slater Mill Historic Site (Birthplace of America's Industrial Revolution)
· Lunch at the Mad House Café (awesome beef burgers or special veggie burger, including fresh sweet potato fries and non-alcoholic beverage of choice)
· Blackstone Valley Explorer - River Tour (cruise Blackstone River with experienced river guide and discover the River's industrial past and abundant wildlife in Rhode Island's largest freshwater marsh). *Note: Boat Capacity is 48 people. The first 48 people who reply, who would like to take this tour, will be seated. If you would prefer to canoe or kayak, you can do so for an additional $20/per person. The River Tour lasts approximately one hour.
· Blackstone Valley DeTours and RI Blackstone Canal Tour (drive along scenic back roads and view the two largest remaining watered sections of the historic Blackstone Canal)
· Dinner at Village Haven (famous family-style, all-you-can-eat chicken dinner, including bread, salad, shells with meat sauce, French fried potatoes, cranberry sauce, chicken, and ice cream roll with fudge sauce and cinnamon rolls)
We plan to meet at 9:00 a.m . at the Walmart parking lot, Raynham, MA Rt 24, exit 13A and arrive at the Blackstone Valley Visitor Center around 10:00 a.m. Lunch is at 1:00 p.m. and dinner at 5:00 p.m.
TOTAL COST FOR THIS FUN-FILLED DAY:
INCLUDES EVERYTHING EXCEPT TAX AND TIPS ON MEALS AND COST OF CANOE OR KAYAK RENTAL
- !- - - - -!- - - - - !- - - - - !- - - - - !- - - - - !- - - - - !- - - - -!- - - - - !- - - - -!-
· PLEASE MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO: CECILE SCOFIELD (508-675-3871 evenings)
· MAIL TO: 515 DICKINSON STREET, FALL RIVER, MASSACHUSETTS 02721.
· MAIL CHECK AND FORM BY: MAY 1ST (WE NEED TO KNOW THE NUMBER OF CARS/PEOPLE BY THAT TIME IN ORDER TO MAKE REQUIRED RESERVATIONS FOR MEALS, ETC.)
· CUT OFF DATE FOR RECEIPT OF CHECK: MAY 5TH
# Attending ____ x $45 = Total Enclosed $______ *# For River Tour ____
Names:________________________________ Tel. #________________
________________________________ Tel. #________________
Payment will be refunded if we do not have enough
Please check this event listing on our club forum for the latest and most up to date information. http://massmiata.net/forum/