|Event:||Miata Holiday Party|
Annual Mass Miata Holiday Party
Cape Codder Resort & Spa
|Date/Time:||January 17th, 2015/06:00:00 PM|
|Sign Up Deadline:||12/17/2014|
Lillian Orchard, email@example.com
Lillian Orchard, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mass Miata Club Holiday Party
Saturday, January 17th 2015
Cape Codder Resort & Spa
1225 Iyanough Rd., Hyannis, MA
By the 2015 Martin Luther King Holiday weekend, I am sure all will be ready to chase those winter blues away and catch up with old Miata friends have some very well deserved R & R.
So Join us for a post-holiday get-together at the Cape Codder Resort where the 3,000 square foot
Warm indoor wave pool and an even warmer outside hot tub without children await you.
We’ll enjoy our usual cocktail party before dinner at 6 pm., to meet up with old friends and meet new Miata buddies. There will be cash bar available for our pre-dinner get together and our annual famous Yankee Swap. Unfortunately we will not be allowed to bring snacks or our own drinks into the function room. It’s the resorts policy.
After the fun and frolics and meets and greets, we’ll enjoy a four-course dinner in our private function room.
Holiday Plated Dinner Menu:
Entrees (Choose one)
Chef’s Selection of Seasonal Vegetables and Starch item.
Coffee, Tea, Decaf Station
The Total Price to include all taxes and gratuities: $38.52
Send your $38.52 per person check with choice of Entrées Identified to:
Lillian F. Orchard,
253 Pond St.
Westwood, MA 02090
A block of rooms has been reserved for members of the Mass Miata Club for $119.00 Per night, plus a resort fee of $5.00 per night and the 11.7% taxes for the Cape Codder Queen/Queen Room.
Reservations must be called into the Cape Codder Resort at:
The Toll Free Reservation number is: 888-297-2200 and remember to identify yourself as part of the Mass Miata Holiday Party Group,
Or go online to www.capecodderresort.com
Reservations HAVE TO BE MADE BY no later than Wednesday December 17, 2014
Please, remember, as reservations after this date will be at prevailing rates and availability.
And if you decide to have a mini winter vacation, the $119.00 per night rate, plus the $5.00 resort fee, plus the state and local taxes will also be honored for both Friday, January 16, 2015 and Sunday, January 18, 2015.
Important Dates to remember:
- Call for room reservations by December 17, 2014 – 888-297-2200 or use the online reservations.
- Send a check made out to Lillian Orchard with your choice of Entrées to:
253 Pond St., Westwood, MA 02090 / $38.52 per choice by Friday, January 9, 2015
- Email Lillian Orchard at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Yankee Swap Details
To participate bring a wrapped gift in the $10-$15 range. Gifts can be:
Participation is voluntary - it's fun to watch even if you're not participating, however the more the merrier! Gifts and participation can be per person or per couple. Just remember that to select a gift you must bring one. Most couples opt to have each person bring a gift so each can participate. Here's how our Yankee Swap at the holiday party will work:
1. Each person or couple that brought a wrapped present gets to draw a number
2. The person with #1 selects and then opens a present
3. The person with the next highest number (2 in this case) chooses and opens a present. They then decide whether they want to keep the present they just opened or swap it for any other opened present
4. Lather, rinse, repeat step 3 until all numbers have been used and all presents have been opened
5. Finally, the person who drew #1 gets to swap the present they are holding for any other present.
After this, consenting adults are free to swap their present with anyone else.
Some Yankee Swap etiquette "rules":
· people choosing their present are not allowed to fold, spindle, mutilate, or otherwise fondle the presents before choosing one.
· participants cannot hide their opened presents they want keep (to prevent others from swapping with them)