|Event:||Museum of Transportation|
|Date/Time:||August 1st, 2004/10:00:00 AM - 02:00:00 PM|
Bob Lannin, 781-659-2140, email@example.com
Elln Hagney, 617 522-6547, Hagney@mot.org
Museum of Transportation
. Bring your stock or customized Miata to the beautiful MOT in Brookline for a daytime cruise meet. Only Miatas will be parked on the lawn and displayed during our car day. Show off your Roadster to other Miata owners and to the general public. There will be classic Rock & Roll tunes played over the loud speakers and plenty of time to check out the Best Selling Sports Car of all time. There will be trophies, door prizes, burgers, hot dogs, sodas, and various vendors.
This is not a concourse event, just the selection of a Peoples Choice Miata by attendees and the public. It's intended as a day to have fun, show off your Miata, and visit with friends. Blankets, lawn chairs, umbrellas, and picnic baskets are welcome. Visit the museum, view the Boston skyline, and pick your favorite Miata.
In honor of the 65th anniversary of Lawn Events at Larz Anderson Park, the Museum will present a trophy to the oldest concours condition Miata in attendance. All participants will receive a commemorative dash plaque. Surprise vehicles will be displayed inside the museum, and historic entertainment and programs are planned.
Sponsored in part by Mazda USA, eight dealers throughout the region will host programs in celebration of Miata Day and the Anniversary. The company will also have a selection of new cars and representatives at this year’s event.
Entry fee of $10 is for car, driver, and one guest and includes entry to the Larz Anderson Auto Museum and picnic grounds. For more information on this and other museum related programs visit www.mot.org.
Directions from Boston/North Shore
1. Take Route 93 South to Storrow Drive.
2. Take the Fenway exit.
3. Follow Outbound /Riverway signs to Boylston Street (taking a right off the ramp).
4. Boylston St. will merge onto Brookline Ave.
5. Follow Brookline Ave. to the Riverway/Jamaica Way intersection.
6. Turn left onto the Riverway (this will turn into the Jamaica Way).
7. You will go through the intersection with Perkins Street (Max Warburg Sq.) and Jamaica
8. Pond will appear on your right.
9. Go 1/2 way around the rotary (Kelley Circle) and at the lights turn right onto Pond Street.
10. Pond Street will turn into Newton Street.
11. The museum is located in Larz Anderson Park on the right about a 1/2 mile from the rotary.
Directions from West (Rte. 128/ I-95)
Directions from Boston/South Shore