ShoreWay Acres Resort Inn - Falmouth Cape Cod Ma
Reserve by Dec 13th
|Date/Time:||January 18th, 2014 - January 20th, 2014|
Mass Miata 2014 Holiday Party
Mass Miata Club Holiday Party
Holiday Party to be held at on Saturday, January 18 th 2014 at
ShoreWay Acres Resort Inn
59 Shore Street,
Falmouth Cape Cod, MA 02540
If the weather is anything like last year’s winter weather; by the 2014 Martin Luther King Holiday weekend, I am sure all will be ready to catch up with old Miata friends.
So Join us for a post-holiday get-together at the ShoreWay Acres Resort Inn where the indoor pool awaits you. We’ll enjoy our usual cocktail party before dinner at 5:30 pm to meet up with old friends and meet new Miata buddies. There will be bar set up or you may bring your own beverages and snacks for our pre-dinner get together and our annual famous Yankee Swap.
After the fun and frolics and meets and greets, we’ll enjoy our holiday dinner in our private function room.
A block of rooms has been reserved for members of the Mass Miata Club for
$ 89.00 Per night plus 11.7% taxes for the ShoreWay Acres Resort Inn rooms.
Please call the Resort at 1-800-352-7100 to make a reservation by December 13, 2013.
And if you decide to have a mini winter vacation, the $89.00 per night rate will be honored
for both Friday, January 17, 2013 and Sunday, January 19, 2013.
The Choices for the Entrée for the holiday meal are as follows:
The cost of the meal is $41.95 and you will pay Bob Baylis for the meal, but he must know what your entrée is before the event to let the Inn have a count on the meals. email@example.com Telephone #’S : 1-978-368-7211 or 0088
Important Dates to remember:
1. Call for room reservations by December 13, 2013 @ (800) 352-7100
2. E Mail or Call Bob Baylis with the number of days you have made your reservation for and your
choice of entrée for the dinner as soon as you make the reservation.
Yankee Swap Details
To participate bring a wrapped gift in the $10-$15 range. Gifts can be:
Participation is voluntary - it's fun to watch even if you're not participating, however the more the merrier! Gifts and participation can be per person or per couple. Just remember that to select a gift you must bring one. Most couples opt to have each person bring a gift so each can participate. Here's how our Yankee Swap at the holiday party will work:
1. Each person or couple that brought a wrapped present gets to draw a number
2. The person with #1 selects and then opens a present
3. The person with the next highest number (2 in this case) chooses and opens a present. They then decide whether they want to keep the present they just opened or swap it for any other opened present
4. Lather, rinse, repeat step 3) until all numbers have been used and all presents have been opened
5. Finally, the person who drew #1 gets to swap the present they are holding for any other present.
After this, consenting adults are free to swap their present with anyone else.
Some Yankee Swap etiquette "rules":
· people choosing their present are not allowed to fold, spindle, mutilate, or otherwise fondle the presents before choosing one.
· participants cannot hide their opened presents they want keep (to prevent others from swapping with them)